My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jakestangel.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Business first, art second (I'm selling photos).

A photographer once told me in person that photography is a business first, and an art second. I hope never adopt this philosophy; for me, photography is about artistic/aesthetic/observational drive, and if dollar signs ever got in the way, I'd have no reason or cause to shoot.

That being said, I've received interest in selling the digital photos you've seen on this blog, the 4x5 and 35mm images I've shot but have yet to process (if they're good) as well as shots that are currently on my website. And I'm totally down for it.

This is 2008: the age of the internet, accessibility, sharing, and community (albeit mostly virtual). In response to all this, and in conjunction with my post on photography today, I wanted to find a system that easily got these images into your homes, so you can enjoy an everlasting physical print that don't live on a computer screen, for a price that respects the both of us. In the end, I'd rather have my print on your wall then scare you away with the pricetag.

So, here's the deal:

- Digital: I am offering an archival, 8x10" print of ANY of this summers digital photos from this blog for $20 per image. As many as you want. Shipping is $5 flat, regardless of how many you order.
- 35mm film: Shooting is more involved, a more expensive process, and involves scanning the film. These images will be going on my blog in late August and early September. They'll be printed at 8x10", and will be offered for $50. Shipping is also $5 flat. Want a bigger print? Email me.
- 4x5: Even more involved, a more expensive process, and also involves scanning the film. Doubt the quality? See this or this. These prints will be going on my blog in late August and early September. They'll be printed at 11x14" minimum, and will be offered for $100. Shipping will be $15 flat.Want a bigger print? Email me.

If you are interested, please email me at jakes@nyu.edu. My other email is being wacky.

No comments: