My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jakestangel.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 15, 2008

B.C. and Oregon travels

I'm working my way up and down the West coast. Here are photos from British Columbia and the Portland/Canon Beach area:

Crescent Beach, B.C.

Hate outlet malls and McDonalds, especially after seeing how they constantly cut into the remaining independent businesses that give vitality and character to the country. So, I took a photo of both at the same time.

Girls at the outlet mall

Pacific sunset, driving to Portland.


Gas station- Washington/Oregon border

View of downtown Portland from hotel window- Portland, OR

Painter- Portland, OR

Canon Beach, OR

Canon Beach, OR

Canon Beach, OR

Haystack rock. I biked here a year ago, felt great to revisit- Canon Beach, OR

Dad- Canon Beach, OR

Dad- Canon Beach, OR

Haystack again, so pretty- Canon Beach, OR

Ocean water attacking out of nowhere, though I was way up the beach- Canon Beach, OR

Flying turtle- Canon Beach, OR

There's alot of logging that's going on near the coast. Don't know much about it, but I can imagine there are alot of politics surrounding it. Very depressing to see, and made even more macabre by the heavy fog rolling in from the coast- Canon Beach, OR

Dead trees- Canon Beach, OR

These guys stayed up for some reason- Canon Beach, OR

What is left



p.s. I know my lens vignettes at f/4, but I can't send it in just yet, and I don't much mind anyway.

1 comment:

elizabeth weinberg said...

if you shoot raw you can get rid of the vignetting generally. but sometimes it's good!