My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jakestangel.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

For Cindy, forever ago

A good friend from high school. We shot this my senior year, I'd just bought my hasselblad. I got the shot I had in mind, but was never able to get it tonally right, because her skin was too pale for the darkness of the grass (probably a 4 stop difference, no joke). This was before I knew anything about scrims, flags, lights, diffusion, etc. Just me and the camera. Still is really, now that I think about it.

I was rummaging through my hard drive and found this shot, and now, thanks to the miracles of photoshop, it can be saved. Working with this photo brought me back to the joyful innocence of high school. My life consisted of hanging out with friends, laying on the grass, picnic lunches, AP English, and photography.

No comments: